Home Sweet Home Privacy & Security Policy
Last Updated: December 8, 2021
Our Privacy Program
Information We Collect
We want you to understand how information you provide to us is collected and used. When you interact with Home Sweet Home or use our services, we collect certain information about you and the services you use. An example of using our "services" would be when you visit one of our offices or websites. We may collect and store information from you in the following situations:
Information you provide to us directly, including when you:
- Make an in-office or online purchase, or other transaction with us;
- Create an account on one of our websites or mobile application;
- Participate in our Rewards programs;
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey;
- Correspond directly with us, such as through our websites, postal mail, customer service, or dispute resolution mechanisms; or
- Post a review or comment on one of our websites, or post other user-generated content on one of our websites or mobile applications.
Information we collect when you use our services, including:
- We may collect device-specific information when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications or services. This includes information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, hardware model, operating system, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, location data such as zip code, the address of referring websites, the path you take through our websites, and other information about your session on our websites. We may also associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent services across your devices.
- This includes details of how you used our websites or mobile applications including clicks and page information such as the address (or URL) of the website or mobile application you came from before visiting our website or mobile application, which pages you visit on our website or mobile application, which browser you used to view our website or mobile application, and any search terms entered.
- Other information from your interaction with our websites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the websites, ad data and other standard weblog information.
Precise Location Information
- When you use our services on your mobile phone or device and enable location services on your mobile phone or device browser, we may collect information about your physical location through satellite, cell phone tower, WiFi signal, beacons, Bluetooth and near field communication protocols ("precise location information"). If you use our mobile application, your device may share precise location information when you enable location services for our application. When you use our mobile application, we may also request access to your Bluetooth signal from your device. If you enable our mobile application to use your Bluetooth signal, we may be able to determine your device's in-office location.
In-Office or Online Video Conferencing Cameras
- We use in-office cameras for security purposes and for operational purposes such as measuring traffic patterns as well as for video conferencing purposes.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies
- Remembering your preferences and allowing you to enter your username less frequently;
- Presenting information that's targeted to your interests, including Home Sweet Home content presented on another website;
- Measuring the effectiveness of our websites, services, content and advertising; and
- The Options/Settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable these technologies. You can disable our cookies or all cookies through your browser setting, but please note that disabling cookies may impact some of our website's features and prevent the website from operating properly.
- A "Web Beacon" is an electronic image placed in the code of a webpage, application, or email. We use web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page to another and to improve website performance, and in our emails to understand when our email communications are opened or discarded.
- We may use or engage a third party that uses Local Stored Objects, sometimes referred to as "Flash Cookies," and other technologies to collect and office information about the use of our services. A Flash cookie is a small data file placed on your computer or device using Adobe Flash technology. Flash cookies are different from the cookies discussed above because cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To limit the websites that can store information in Flash cookies on your device, you must visit the Adobe website:
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may collect information that is publicly available. For example, we may collect information you submit to a blog, chat room, or social network. We also may collect information from other companies, organizations, or third-party partners. For example, we may receive information about you from a partner when we jointly offer services or from an advertiser about your experiences with them. By gathering additional information about you, we can correct inaccurate information and give you service recommendations and special offers more likely to interest you.
How We Use Your Information
Our primary purpose in collecting information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your information in a variety of ways, including for the following purposes:
- We use your contact information to respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests and improve your experience.
Our Marketing Purposes
- We use your information to deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, emails, mobile messages, and social media notifications about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes.
- We use your information for reporting and analysis purposes. We examine metrics such as how you are shopping on our website, in our offices, and on our mobile applications, the performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
- We use your information to administer promotions, surveys, and focus groups.
- We use your information to improve your experiences when you interact with us.
- We use your Precise Location Information to provide location based services for these marketing purposes. For example, using the Office Locator feature in our mobile application can allow you to quickly find the nearest Home Sweet Home location or local Home Sweet Home Representative.
- We use your information to improve the effectiveness of our services, conduct research and analysis, or to perform other business activities as needed.
Prevention of Fraud and other Harm
- We use your information to detect, prevent or investigate potential security breaches, fraudulent transactions and monitor against theft.
Legal Compliance and As Necessary or Appropriate Under Applicable Law
- We may use your information as necessary or appropriate under applicable law, to comply with legal process, to respond to such requests from public and government authorities (including law enforcement), to enforce our terms and conditions, including investigations of potential violations, to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and to allow us to pursue available remedies to limit the damages that we may sustain. In matters involving claims of personal or public safety or in litigation where the data is pertinent, we may use personal information without your consent or court process.
How We Share Your Information:
While we do not directly sell, rent, or loan your personally identifiable information, we may share your information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Home Sweet Home as described below. Please note that certain state laws have adopted a broad definition of a "sale" and may treat certain of these disclosures as sales under their definitions.
- We may share your information with our parent company or affiliates.
When We Work With Third Parties
- We may share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated companies that perform tasks on our behalf related to our business. Such tasks include analyzing website usage data, customer service, electronic and postal mail service, and social and other media services.
- We may work with other companies who place cookies, tags, and web beacons on our websites. These companies help operate our websites and provide you with additional services.
- We may also use third-party advertising networks to serve advertisements on our behalf. The cookies received with the banner advertisements served by these networks may be used to collect and build behavioral profiles by these companies to deliver targeted advertisements on our website and unaffiliated websites.
- We may work with other companies who operate their own websites or mobile applications, to allow them to offer Home Sweet Home customers the ability to connect to Home Sweet Home services. These services give you more options for ways to use Home Sweet Home services from websites or applications that are not owned or operated by Home Sweet Home.
- We contract with partner companies to allow Home Sweet Home customers to access one of their loyalty program accounts from those partners' websites and/or mobile applications. This may include the ability to join a loyalty program, add an existing membership, and/or access your account.
- If you participate in a loyalty program component which permits you to connect your loyalty program accounts with websites, applications and devices, including non-Home Sweet Home partners and their websites, applications and devices. Notwithstanding the uses and disclosures set forth above, Home Sweet Home may use or disclose personally identifiable information gathered under one of its loyalty programs for improving health, health research, or with your consent.
- Social Media: Our online services may use social media plugins (e.g., the Facebook "Like" button, "Share to Twitter" button) to enable you to easily interact with certain social media websites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and share information with others. When you visit our services, the operators of the available social media plugins can place a cookie on your device enabling such operators to recognize individuals who have previously visited our services. If you are logged in to these social media websites while visiting our services, the social media plugins allow the relevant social media websites to receive information that you have visited our services or other information. The social media plugins also allow the applicable social media websites to share information about your activities on our services with other users of the social media website. We do not control any of the content from the social media plugins. We may also interact with you on social media platforms. If you contact us on one of our social media platforms, request services, or otherwise communicate directly with us on social media, we may contact you to interact with you. For more information about social media advertising and social media plugins from other social media websites, please refer to those websites' privacy and data sharing statements.
- We may share your information with business partners who may offer services or products to you. For example, in connection with the Home Sweet Home services, we share some information with our partner so it can pre-screen individuals to see if they qualify for offers. You can learn about your rights relating to prescreened offers including how to opt out by calling 1-888-567-8688 or by going to https://www.optoutprescreen.com/.
When Sharing is Required by Law or Helps Us Protect Our Interests
- We will disclose your information as necessary or appropriate under applicable law, to comply with legal process, to respond to such requests from public and government authorities, to enforce our terms and conditions, including investigations of potential violations, to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and to allow us to pursue available remedies to limit the damages that we may sustain. In matters involving claims of personal or public safety or in litigation where the data is pertinent, we may use or disclose personal information without your consent or court process.
When We Work On Business Transactions
- As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy offices or assets, or engage in mergers, acquisitions or sale of company assets. Personal information may be disclosed in connection with the evaluation of or entry into such transactions or related business arrangements, or in the course of providing transition of services to another entity as permitted by law. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Additionally, in the event that Home Sweet Home or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will likely be one of the transferred assets as is permissible under law.
Non-identifiable or Aggregate information with Third Parties
- We may share non-identifiable or aggregate information with third parties for lawful purposes.
With Your Consent
- At your direction or request, or when you otherwise consent, we may share your information.
Email and Mobile Communications
- You may choose to stop receiving email and mobile marketing communications by changing your preferences online. If you have an online account, log in to Your Account and click on Communication Preferences. If you do not have an online account, you may click Unsubscribe from the bottom of Home Sweet Home emails, and reply STOP to our text messages to stop receiving emails and SMS text messages. To request unsubscribing by email, contact mlee@HomeSweetHome500.com.
- Push Notifications
You can opt out from further allowing Home Sweet Home to send you push notifications by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device or from the Home Sweet Home mobile application.
- Precise Location Data
You can opt out from further allowing Home Sweet Home to access precise location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
- In-Store Location
You can opt out from further allowing Home Sweet Home to access your Bluetooth signal in our offices by adjusting the location permissions in your mobile device or from the Home Sweet Home mobile application.
Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertisements
- Home Sweet Home engages third-party advertisers to provide interest-based advertising on our website, as well as other third-party websites in order to display advertising that is relevant to you. These third parties may collect information about your use of our services over time and that information may be combined with information collected on different websites and online services. These third-party advertisers may be participants in the Network Advertising Initiative and/or the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising, which allow users to opt out of ad targeting from participating companies. To learn more about interest-based advertising, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used by certain third-party advertisers for behavioral advertising purposes, go to: www.aboutads.info/choices or https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Please Note: When you "opt out" of receiving interest-based advertisements, this does not mean you will no longer see advertisements from Home Sweet Home. It means that the online ads that you do see will not be tailored for you based on your particular interests. We may still collect information about you for any purpose permitted under the Policy, including for analytics and fraud prevention.
Our "Do Not Track" Policy
- Home Sweet Home respects enhanced user privacy controls. We support the development and implementation of a standard "do not track" browser feature, which signals to websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Please note that at this time HomeSweetHome500.com does not interpret or respond to "do not track" signals. However, you may set your Web browser to not accept new cookies or web beacons, be notified when you receive a new cookie, or disable cookies altogether. Please note that by disabling these features, your experience on Home Sweet Home.com will not be as smooth and you will not be able to take full advantage of our website's features. Please see the Help section of your browser for instructions on managing security preferences.
Accessing and Updating Your Personally Identifiable Information
- You can review and update any of the information you have given us by contacting us. Our customer care staff will update your information. If you have a HomeSweetHome500.com account, you can log in and update your information.
Links to Third-Party Websites
How We Protect Your Information
- Home Sweet Home recognizes the importance of maintaining the security of your information. Whether you are shopping on our website, through our mobile services, or in our offices, we use reasonable security measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards.
- "Phishing" is a common email scam where your email address is used to contact you and ask for personally identifiable or sensitive information. Always be cautious when opening links or attachments from unsolicited third parties. Also know that Home Sweet Home will not send you emails asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information. If you are ever asked for this information, you can be confident it is not from Home Sweet Home.
Children's Personal Information
- We recognize the importance of protecting children's online privacy. Our website and mobile services are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13.
We are compliant with the California Privacy Act.
How To Contact Us:
Phone: (636) 209-4663
Home Sweet Home
Attn: Privacy Division
8224 Manchester Road
Brentwood, MO 63144
Effective Date: 12/08/2021; Last Updated: 12/08/2021